Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grady has melted my heart


For those of you with second children very close in age to your first child, you might have noticed that they don't do things as quickly as the first--or maybe it's just my children. Rollins was talking up a storm by her 2nd birthday. However, Grady has kept his thoughts to himself. He'll say Roll Tide, Hold Me, Golf Cart, Aubie and then of course any one syllable word. He turns two syllable words into one syllable by just pronouncing the first syllable. Like Rollins is Ra, Mommy is Ma, and Daddy is Da. I have been working with him on saying I love you, but he never would even say I, he would just hug himself when I would say I love you. This past week, all four of us were in bed watching a movie, and I whispered in Grady's ear, "I love you!" He turned to my ear, and whispered back, "I love you!" Then gave me a kiss! Now, this is the only way he will say I love you, but he will only do it to Brother or me. My mom has tried so hard with no luck. I guess God kept him from saying it for so long, because he wanted it to be special, and that it was!

No comments: