Monday, July 6, 2009

Lack of Commitment


OK, so my last blog was about how I was going to do a better job on blogging, but guess what, I failed again. I have come to the conclusion that there is just way too much going on in my life and I need to slow down a bit. Here it is 1 AM and I am in my daughter's bedroom with her and her first sleepover company eating beanie weanies watching Peter Pan. To many, that's not exactly an accomplishment, but to me it is. All my life I wanted to be a wife and a mother, but not just any mother. I really wanted to raise Godly, loving children that enjoyed spending time with me. It wasn't about what career path I chose or who I associated myself with--it was about the children I would bring to this earth and the relationships I would develop with them. I am so proud of them, and even though they are just 2 and 3, they are amazing kids. I try to spend as much time with them as possible making memories that will last a lifetime. I am not a big fan of daycare unless you have to work. If God has blessed you with being able to stay at home, I think you should take total advantage of it. Now that Rollins and Grady are older by my standards, I am able to take them more places alone and I am really enjoying this new found independence the three of us have. It is quite exciting to be able to wake up and say where would you like to go today--Chattanooga, Atlanta, Nashville, Birmingham? My kids are as adventurous as I am, and I am so glad they like to travel on a whim as well. I am especially looking forward to this school year. They will be going to nursery school on the same days (3 days a week for 3 hours a day) so I can get some much needed sewing in for Kennedy James Clothing, and the other two days will be our "fun days". I can't wait to see what activities we will come up with. I am sad, however, that this will be Rollins last year at home before she starts kindergarten. I try not to think about it too much.
I will be posting pictures and brief comments from the past months over the next few days so you all can get up to date with what's been going on in the life of the Whitakers.

No comments: