Friday, May 9, 2008

Sorry it's been a while

So, I know it has been a few months since I last posted, but a lot has happened since then and we have been extremely busy, but I am making a commitment to posting more often. As most of you already know, we sold Grady's on Gunter back in March. I was so ready to home with Rollins and Grady, so it was such a blessing. Brother thought I would get really bored at home because I am the person who always has to have something going on. However, I have managed to find plenty to do. I can't tell you how many birthday parties, wedding parties and baby showers we have been to in the last couple of months. We also went to the beach for a week for my brother's wedding. It has been wonderful not having to worry if everything is ok at the store. My stress level has gone down tremendously. Rollins and Grady have really enjoyed having me home to. We are finding all kinds of activities we enjoy doing together. One thing is fishing in the ponds around our house. We have found an awesome pond for bream and another couple for bass. As a matter of fact, Brother and Tim (Foster's boyfriend) are fishing as I type and it is 1 in the morning. We had planned on building a house at the boathouse, but we are really beginning to think we might just want to stay out here because we love playing golf and having the pool and fishing. They are also fixing to start serving dinner at the clubhouse, so we are really pumped about that--their food is excellent. So, I guess we might just build a cabin at the boathouse, so we can still have a place to stay if we want to go to the lake.
Here is a picture of sweet Grady at one of the ponds by the house. That is cousin Whitney in the background. Rollins and Grady love when she comes over.

So Rollins is becoming very opinionated when it comes to clothes. She wears dress up high heels and always carries a purse. Well, I have had a kidney infection this past week, so Brother took her to school. On this particular day, she picked out her own clothes--they were size 18 months that I had pulled out to pack up because they were too small. You could see her diaper under her skirt, so I told her the only way she could wear it, was if she wore big girl panties, and she did. She is so stubborn. She has no interest in potty training even though she knows what to do and ask for a diaper when she needs to pee, but she decided that for this day, she would use the bathroom like she is suppose to just so she could wear some short skirt with pockets.


Here is a picture of Grady on the motorcycle Uncle Jon gave him for his 1st birthday--it is so dangerous, so he can only ride it when we are with him, but that is ok, Jon and Jackie just found out they are having a boy, so I can get them back.

And finally, here is my little fisherwoman. She is growing up so fast. I want her to stay this age forever. She is so sweet and loving and has a deep concern for other's feelings. I could not have asked God for a better daughter. I am so thankful for her and the joy she brings to all our lives. I love you so much Rollins!


Don't worry, I am so proud of Grady too and I am sure when he is able to communicate, he is going to impress us with his kindness as well. He is my little tough guy. He can knock the mess out of his head and never even cry--he is so happy all the time. He plays so well by himself when rollins is at school, and I can get so much done. He gives the best hugs in the world and has the sweetest laugh. Grady has given my grandparents a good reason to stay in this world for a lot longer.














1 comment:

Tegan said...

It's about time you blogged! Great post!