Monday, October 6, 2008

War Eagle?

OK, so I grew up an Alabama fan, went to college in Nashville, and married an Auburn fan. I really never had a preference, but I will admit that I would take Brandy and Hillary's side when debating with Tegan and Ashley at lunch in junior high over whose stadium was bigger--I still don't know the answer, but I am sure Brandy does. So, when Brother and I got married, he left me no choice in who to pull for. He grew up a "dye hard" auburn fan. The year we got married, we went to most of the games and Auburn ended up undefeated. Every Auburn/Alabama game I have gone to, Auburn has won, so I will say, I felt like I have been on the winning team's side. However, this past weekend, really threw me for a loop. I was so excited to go to Nashville because so many of my college friends are still there. William went with us to the game, and we picked up my friend Caryn, who cheered with me in college as soon as we got to town. We met up with two of my pledge sisters, Melanie and Ashley at a neat little restaurant called Rotiers downtown. Everything was going wonderfully! We got to the game and it was a little hot so we didn't go to our seats til right before the game. Auburn gets off to a great start scoring 2 touchdowns in the first quarter. They miss the second extra point and Brother looks at me and says, "that will be the deciding factor in the game." I told him he was crazy. Well, he was right. It was like Auburn just left Nashville after that. Brother was so disgusted. He kept wanting to leave, but my naturally optimistic self kept telling him they would pull it off. We all know the ending to this story so I won't go there. We were suppose to spend the night in Nashville and meet up with my friends after the game, but instead we came home after cheese fries at Outback. Brother has said our days of attending Auburn games are over--atleast til Tony Franklin is gone or something miraculous happens. My poor little Rollins will be heartbroken seeing as how she is the biggest Auburn fan I know. Her best friend, Ann Daniel, who is also 3 called her last night and told her to wear her Auburn cheerleader uniform to school today, so ofcourse she did and so did Ann Daniel. They are both so proud to be for Auburn. Maybe by the time they are old enough to know what's going on, Auburn will be back on their feet.

No comments: