Thursday, October 9, 2008

What a wonderful day!

There is not really one particular event that made this day so wonderful, but, a culmination of things. I woke up this morning a bit tired, but excited to take Rollins to gymnastics--she loves going and I get to spend the rest of the day with her--it's just girls for a whole day. On the way to Huntsville, I got to talk to my dear friend Tegan about Organic Eating. With Rollins and Grady's disorders, I have been researching ways to help ease up some of the symptoms. I am willing to do whatever it takes, to make their life easier. She is such a blessing because she and her husband and her 1 year old all eat organic. This is such a source of information for me since I know nothing about cooking organic foods. We are hoping to sit down tomorrow so she can teach me everything she knows. At gymnastics, Rollins did so well. She is really progressing and I am so proud of her. Her feet are always together and toes pointed. Her coach said she is a natural and is amazed by her strength, especially in the arms. I was always stronger in my legs, so this is surprising to me. I guess it's because of the 7 gallons of milk we go through at our house a week:) Afterwards, Rollins and I went to Bridgestreet to do a little shopping and have lunch at Rollins's favorite restaurant, Red Robin. Rollins has become my best shopping buddy. She loves to pick out clothes and try them on in the dressing room. Today, I was trying on a dress, and she put her hand up and said, "oh mom, you have got to have that!" It makes me smile just thinking about it. We spent about 45 minutes in Limited Too so that she could pick out a couple necklaces and bracelets. She kept wanting "ear sticks" or what I call earrings. I told her she would have to ask her daddy for that one. Anytime we go to eat, she has to order by herself and today she ordered cheese pizza, prench pries and dip and sweet tea. Waitresses always get a kick out of her because she is so dramatic and acts like she is an adult. Last Friday night, the whole family went to Red Robin, and as we were walking back to the car, Rollins said, "wait, we have to go shopping!" It cracks me up how much she is just like me. Our final wonderful day happening was tonight at dinner. Grady has gone a couple days without vomitting, so he finally ate like he used too. I was so proud of him. He had maccaroni and cheese and corn, and Rollins put her fork in his meal to get a bite, and he picked up his plate and went to sit at the big table. It was fine with me that he didn't want to share because I wanted him to eat as much as little tummy wanted. Rollins has been doing great! She did however, have a few vomitting episodes two nights ago at my parents house. Her voice seems to be getting even scratchier, so I hope she doesn't have more acid damage. We go back to the doctor this month, so I am very anxious to ask him many questions. Mainly if this is genetic. I would love to have more children, but if this is genetic, which it seems to be, I just don't think I can go through this with another child. I am praying that it is just a fluke that they were both born this way. I also want to change Grady's medication since his spells are getting worse and he is having difficulty swallowing his food.
I feel so very blessed to have wonderful people in my life to help with Rollins and Grady and give them the same love I give them myself. My parents are wonderful to them. They love them more than they love their own children and I am so proud to say that. My grandparents have also become a very special part of Rollins and Grady's lives. It brightens the kids faces as soon as they walk through the door. I really didn't have great grandparents that I saw on a regular basis so I think it is so neat that they have developed such a close relationship with them. Also, my brother, Jon and his beautiful wife, Jackie--they have been so good to Rollins and Grady. They are so good to me and Brother and will always keep them if I am ever in a bind or they will even call up and ask if they can just come get them and take them somewhere. They are expecting their first child anyday now, and I know they will be wonderful parents because of the love they have shown for Rollins and Grady. And finally, I am so thankful for Foster, our precious babysitter and friend. She is the only person I trust to stay the weekend with my children and take care of them the way I would. People like her are a rare find. I truly do believe God is a good God, and I don't thank him enough for the wonderful people he has put in my and Brother's life.

No comments: