Friday, December 19, 2008

Rollin's Dance Show

Rollins's dance class allowed the parents to come in and watch this past Monday and I wanted to post a few pictures. For those of you that know Rollins, she is a very energetic and outgoing child. Once she gets warmed up, she will talk, dance and sing and never get tired. Her attention span is not the best in the world, so dance has been quite a challenge. Gymnastics, on the other hand, has been wonderful for her because you are constantly changing what you do and it's more of an individual sport. However, Rollins absolutely loves dance, so I continue to let her go, even though she disrupts class with her quirky ways. As soon as we walked in the room, she said hey ___ to everyone she knew. When she called out to Grady, she said, "hey grady grobes!" She even said, "hey julie ann" to ann daniel's mother. She was so excited to see everyone, so she got up and started dancing around the room. They hadn't even started, yet she was already getting told to sit down. I couldn't hide my face, because everyone knew who she belonged to--you can't miss her red hair and bubbly personality from the time she walks in the door. Anyway, this is probably the only picture I have of her doing what she is suppose to.
I did manage to get a couple shots of her participating, but notice the child next to her on the left is standing--I guess Rollins was doing her own dance.


I love this picture because you can tell she is really trying.

This is after the program, while they are suppose to be sitting while Mrs. Jane talks. Rollins, however, is working on her facial expressions. I really shouldn't complain about her disposition because I couldn't ask for a happier and friendlier child. However, I do think she might be better in the acting and singing classes they offer. Until then, we will stick with dance so Rollins can watch herself in the big mirrors.



No comments: