Friday, December 12, 2008

What a wonderful day!

Today was a wonderful day! I woke Rollins up this morning for school, because I always let her wake up when she wants to which is usually around 10 or 10:30. She was the leader today so I wanted to make sure she got to enjoy all it has to offer:) She let me put her hair in braided pig tails and she was so proud of them. After lunch at McDonalds we came home and I made some phone calls, but when I got off the phone, I couldn't find Rollins. I looked all over the house for her, and I finally found her sound asleep in her bed. She was exhausted from having to get up early. In the mean time, I get a call from Vera Bradley (keep in mind, we sold the shop back in April). They said they needed my current address, because they had a check they needed to return to me. I asked them what they were talking about, and they said I had overpaid my account back in March and they needed to return the money to me. I thought it was probably 10 or 15 dollars, but I was shocked when she told me how much it was for--how could I have over paid that much? Anyway, I called Brother and told him, and needless to say, he was ecstatic because that just paid for our "Santa". I also got several more orders for clothes and that always makes me happy because I absolutely love getting to sew. I really miss working and being able to contribute financially so this gives me a little more purpose now.
Another highlight of my day was getting to visit with two wonderful high school friends, Kate and Tegan, and their lovely children, Langley and Tripp. We left Rollins at home because she was still asleep, and Grady and I ventured over to Mrs. Sachs. It was so nice visiting with them and the kids played wonderfully together. I wish we could all get together more often. So many of our friends have children the same age and I think it is so neat they get to grow up together, like we all did.
So, we return home and Rollins is still asleep. I told brother we had to wake her up, or she wouldn't go to sleep tonight. We took the kids to Bruce's for dinner, which Grady slept through, and when we were done eating, we drove around looking at Christmas Lights. Brother remembered seeing on the news about Arab's park, so we drove out there. It was beautiful. They have all these little scenes around the walking trail. The first picture here is from when we first got there--we didn't have coats, hats or gloves, and it was 29 degrees!

So, we decided it was just too cold, but the kids wanted to stay, so we took them to Wal Mart to get coats, hats and gloves. Rollins was so proud of her 15 dollar pink coat and Hannah Montana hat and gloves. Grady, who had never worn gloves, actually kept them on and he picked out a dinosaur hat. They were so excited to be there and were being so sweet to eachother--even holding hands! I had several more pictures of them at the park, but for some reason, it won't let me upload anymore, so you can just enjoy these two for now.

1 comment:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Crystal, tell me where you get most of your patterns - like Walmart or like Hancock's? Just curious - I'll be ready to do some kids' clothing sewing myself in the next year =). I can do drapes, curtains and pillows, and I will need to practice up on my kiddie work!